International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Propagation for later swaps

3 posters

Go down

Propagation for later swaps  Empty Propagation for later swaps

Post by JOHN COLLINS Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi everyone ,

After a really cold but dry winter my plants have coloured up well and I haven't lost too many .
So I've decided to repot and also propagate for swaps later in the year. After 35 manhours I am up to letter G and am about 25% done . I really can repot on automatic pilot now, but it will be great to see everything look so tidy and fresh and the labels , which are written both sides in pencil on a metal label, will be bright again .
I tend to put offsets into a straight soilless compost mix which puts on lots of growth , though I do not leave to the elements , as there is not enough grit in . I repot into gritty soil when they are to go into the collection .
So far I have propagations of approx 100 different names , with a long way to go .
Last year I tried to encourage many semp friends in the Blog to do likewise, but must confess I got a very poor response , which is a shame as it's so easy and so rewarding .
My interest dates back to the English hybridiser David Ford and Grafin von Zeppelin in Germany , both of whom I had much correspondence with in the mid 70s.
Hope to hear from many of you .

Regards

JOHN COLLINS BLACKBURN ENGLAND

JOHN COLLINS
Bronze Rosette
Bronze Rosette

Back to top Go down

Propagation for later swaps  Empty Re: Propagation for later swaps

Post by Elliot Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:45 am

Hi John, I don't have much to offer at the moment but I'd be interested in buying some from you if you have any left.

Elliot
Bronze Rosette
Bronze Rosette

Number of plants : 68 Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by sueshells Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

Hi John - I have only just picked up on this thread. I have plants to swap if you are still interested. Most would probably just be offsets, rather than fully potted up plants as I am short of space for pots. I too have been repotting all year. Do you have any Jovibarba (now Sempervivum) heuffelii? I am keen to get more cultivars of these - I have around 20 at the moment, although not all are ready to swap.

sueshells
Silver Rosette
Silver Rosette

Number of plants : 200 Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHN COLLINS Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi Sue ,

I've certainly plenty to swap ;just a few Jovis at the moment . If you'd like to email at JA.COLLINS2@VIRGINMEDIA .COM I'll send you my list .

Regards

John

JOHN COLLINS
Bronze Rosette
Bronze Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHN COLLINS Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Elliot,
I've lots and lots of rooted plants which I will sell . They will be just Ł1 each and postage at cost . Just email me at JA.COLLINS2@VIRGIN MEDIA.COM and I'll attach a list .
The offer is open to any members who are interested .

Best Wishes.

John

JOHN COLLINS
Bronze Rosette
Bronze Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down