International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera

4 posters

Go down

S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera Empty S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera

Post by txemari Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:56 am

I would like showing you Sempervivum cantabricum Guadarramense from La Buitrera growing at 2046 m.

S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera Verdes

This image was taken on July and, as you can see, the plant has a beautiful green colour because it was growing behind a group of rocks.

However, here you can see a plant growing without protection.
S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera Grupo_2

Txemari

txemari
Red Rosette
Red Rosette

Back to top Go down

S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera Empty Re: S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera

Post by Chromaphyo Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks! Beautiful.

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera Empty Re: S. cantabricum subsp. guadarramense ex La Buitrera

Post by I'm the 1 Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:20 am

Txmarie, thank you for sharing those beautiful photos with us! Have you actually climbe this high to take photos of semps in habitat? Silly me, of course you did.

Could you please explain where La Boitrera is in forum for habitat names? Thank you!
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Post by txemari Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok, I'll explain where is in the forum of habitat.

Actually, La Buitrera is a mountain from La Sierra de Ayllón in the Sistema Central sited in the center of Spain near from Madrid.

Regards

txemari
Red Rosette
Red Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by cohan Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 am

these are great!
they show two things i would like to emulate in my gardens: the plants growing in crevices, seemingly from pure rock, and the other kinds of plants growing with the sempervivums--the little pink flowers are very cute..

cohan
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down