International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old varieties

Go down

Old varieties Empty Old varieties

Post by illustrator Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Dear all,

does anyone have a list of really old semps, say from before 1950? I am interested in these, but nurseries are only rarely mentioning hybridisation-years in their lists, so it is a bit clumsy searching. I started to go through Horst Diehms list, but this is rather time-consuming ...

Paul
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Old varieties Empty Re: Old varieties

Post by illustrator Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Found it, it is possible to organise the German database/forum by year of origin.

But, there is still something I would like to search for: is there a list of plants mentioned by Henry Correvon? Amongst these are early cultivars of which the hybridiser and year of hybridisation are lost long ago in history. So they are listed as without year and hybridiser unknown in the German database, between many modern ones of also unknown origin ....

Correvon's publication is online, but my French is not very good. He does give the origin of his plants, but it is time-consuming to figure out which ones are wild and which one cultivated. Also, many names are now regarded as synonims.
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down