International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...

2 posters

Go down

Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...  Empty Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...

Post by illustrator Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Was labelled Jovibarba hirta var. hillebrandtii.
Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...  Hilleb10

To conclude the short discussion about this plant, I decided to place a picture here. Actually, I think that it is not even a Jovibarba ...
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...  Empty Re: Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...

Post by I'm the 1 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 am

Hm, this looks as good old Sempervivum to me ... Definitely it's not a Jovibarba!!! Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...  927327

Last edited by Renata on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...  Empty Re: Probably not J. hirta var hillebrandtii ...

Post by illustrator Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I found on the German forum that there's a cultivar named Hillebrandii, so without "t". Only, it is listed as an arachnoideum-cultivar. This might have caused the confusion, or maybe it is only adding confusion ... Link to the German forum:

http://www.sempervivum-liste.de/Sempervivum/Hillebrandii
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by illustrator Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 am

It's solved! I asked the grower and he mailed me that it is J. heuffelii cultivar Xanthoheuff. Renata, can you please move this subject?

And if anyone is interested in the p'lant please contact me: I intend to to give it away since I am less interested in cultivars. Note that it is small and I'd rather give it away to someone who can come and get it (not sure if it would survive postage).
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by illustrator Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

The plant never grew at all and died in the winter 2012-2013.

Since then I obtained 3 clones of the "true" Jovibarba hirta var. hillebrandtii. I am not sure if they are genetically different or just labelled slightly different but will grown them seperately for in case. Nice plants, but indeed totally different from the plant on the picture above.
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down