International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S. heterotrichum

2 posters

Go down

S. heterotrichum Empty S. heterotrichum

Post by I'm the 1 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 am

Sempervivum heterotrichum Schott (1853) in Oestr. Bot. Wochenbl. iii. (1853) 83

Description of S. heterotrichum as given in The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, by L. H. Bailey, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1963:
"Sempervivum heterotrichum, Schott. Rosettes 1 – 1 1/2 in. diam.: fl.-sts. 3-6 in. high, puberulent pubescent: lvs. of the rosette spatulate-linear, apex acute, with a tuft of hairs and also long web-hairs connecting the lf.-tips, puberulent at the apex above, glabrous beneath, glaucous; cauline lvs. lanceolate-linear, puberulent on both sides: infl. puberulent; fls. 9-12-merous, rose, in a racemose panicle; calyx-segms. lanceolate-linear, acute; petals lanceolate, acuminate, ciliate, apex barbulate. S. Eu.—Closely allied to S. Doellianum and S. arachnoideum."

Sometimes you can also see name wrongly written as S. arachnoideum heterotrichum.

Subordinated taxa:
S. heterotrichum var. heterotrichum

S. heterotrichum var. bryoides

Synonymes for S. heterotrichum:
Sempervivum arachnoideum

Synonymes for S. heterotrichum var. heterotrichum:
Sempervivum arachnoideum var. arachnoideum f. arachnoideum
Sempervivum arachnoideum var. arachnoideum f. arachnoideum - accepted name

Synonyms for Sempervivum heterotrichum var. bryoides (C.B. Lehm. & Schnittsp.) Lagger:

Sempervivum arachnoideum var. arachnoidum f. bryoides (C.B. Lehm. & Schnittsp.) - accepted name
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

S. heterotrichum Empty Re: S. heterotrichum

Post by illustrator Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Synonymes for S. heterotrichum:
Sempervivum arachnoideum

Is't it the other way round? S. heterotrichum is a synonim for S. arachnoideum ...
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum