International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S. herfriedianum

Go down

S. herfriedianum  Empty S. herfriedianum

Post by I'm the 1 Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:54 am

S. herfriedianum was described by Philipp Neeff in Kakteen und andere Sukkulenten 56(3): 71 (2005).

Type plant was collected by Philipp Neeff in Turkey, north Anatolia, Province Rize, Lazistan, Kaçkar Daglari, 2.086 m, Yusufeli to Sarigöl, N 40° 51', E 41° 14' on 24.7.2003

Here's the original description (in latin): A. S. minus foliis rosulae et inflorescentia utrique dense puberulis non pubescentibus, marginis foliae dense ibescentibus ciliatis distinguendum, rosula multifoliata, 1,5-2,5 cm diam., lepto elliptica vel lanceolata, apicis acuminatis vel acutis cum cereo aemulans glauco.

...which would mean something like that (plaese note there might be mistakes in translation):

It differs from S. minus by the fact that the leaf rosettes and inflorescences are not densely pubescent, the edges of the leaves are densely covered with cilia, stolones with leaves, diamether of rosette is 1.5-2.5 cm, leaves oval or lanceolate, apex acute or acuminate with wax glaucousness [?].

About the name: plant was named in honour of Herfried Kutzel, a teacher of P. Heeff.

Habitat: South east of Turkey, east part of Kackar Dagi mountain range

S. herfriedianum  Arrow0052

I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum