International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"

4 posters

Go down

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  Empty Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"

Post by Chromaphyo Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:53 am

The publishing house Schweizerbart, holder of rights of Robert Lloyd Praeger's : "An Account of the Sempervivum Group" is disposed of publishing a new edition of this very rare book - provided there will be sufficient potential buyers.

If you are interested - please let me know as soon as possible.

Klaus Schropp : schropp.meanlandscaping"at"web.de

"at" = @

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  Empty Re: Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"

Post by jezour Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:38 am

This is very kind surprise. Can I ask, how much does the book cost?

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : many Posts : 165

http://cactus.rastislav.net

Back to top Go down

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  Empty Re: Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"

Post by Chromaphyo Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Klaus Schropp think +/- 25 €

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by jezour Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks! I will buy it. I often look for the information in this book, but I can not find it.

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:28 pm

If this is the price we can expect, I'm buying, too.
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Does anyone of you know will the book be reprinted or not?

I'm eager to know! Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  E0a220293b71e6837984bba6d68cdf01
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chromaphyo Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 pm

I don't know
Maybe, write to Klaus Schropp

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 am

Well, I wrote and I got this answer:

"Less than 20 people were interested in reprinting the book ..."

So you can imagine there will be no reprint.

I would expect those "less than 20 people" to be informed of this in the emails, not that we were waiting for ages!

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  6a1ede6037e6a1e56976bff5f831228a

But than again ...
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illustrator Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 am

When I got the question if I would buy it or not I asked what the price would be. The answer was: "not known at this moment". Sure that meant that I could not tell if could afford buying it, so my answer stayed "uncertain". So many reprints of old publications are sold for extremely high prices ...

Now that I read that the price would be around 25 E this is a very different story. For this price I would certainly buy it.

I wonder if more people reacted like this, which would explain the low response!
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:50 am

Illustrator, you are right! I also beleive low respons is due to the fact that no information was given on the price, p&p costs etc.

I know there are at least 100 serious semp collectors willing to buy the book. Not to mention all the libraries, science istitutes, etc etc ...

I wonder was all this just a "market testing" for the publisher?!
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:03 am

Finally a good news:

You can order the book now at

mai(at)schweizerbart.de

with "Order Praeger"

If you order before 28.10.2011 price is 29,90 € incl. postage, after that the price is 34,90 €.

Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  80082260484a61305eff258fac9efbf4 Praeger's "Account of the Sempervivum Group"  4af85f30ce702eab3f128cde59664a4b
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:38 am

And a letter from publisher:

Hi at the Sempervivum Forum,

as indicated in one of your posts
Schweizerbart Science Publishers (affiliated with Cramer and Borntraeger) is in the process of reprinting this publication. Files are cleaned and ready to be released to the printers; we plan to print in offset technique (high quality) on special semi gloss paper and add a full color hard cover. The estimated retail price will be 34,90 Euros; we are offering a pre-print order price of 29,90 (shipping in Europe included). We would be very pleased if you could announce this offer in your Forum and request from potential buyers to directly contact Schweizerbart Science Publishers at mail(at)schweizerbart.de.

Thanks for your support and we are happy to serve your community
(Dr. A. Naegele)
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:59 am

A letter from publishers:

As you might have noticed, the announced reprint of the classic work Praeger, Sempervivum, has just been released. Pre-print orders have already been shipped.

We would be pleased if you announce this release in your forum and link to the publications website

www.schweizerbart.de/publications/095201201

where a flyer, order information and some sample pages can be accessed.

We hope, that the reprint satisfies the needs and the high quality expectations of all Sempervivum friends and we surley welcome any comments,
The Publishers
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jezour Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am

Do you order the publication in pre-print? Do you already received an email or a letter with details of payment?

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down