International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre

4 posters

Go down

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Empty What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre

Post by jezour Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 pm

What does grow with Czech houseleeks?

SEDUM ACRE

Description
This plant is nearly 8 cm high, the footstalk can be from 0,2 cm to 0,4 cm large, and makes many aerial layer. The footstalk lounges and make roods. It has very succulent leaves, nearly 0,3 cm long. It blooms from the ends of footstalks. At one end of the footstalk can be 5 blows. The blows are 1,2 cm large, yellow colour. The plants bloom in May and in June.

Habitation
It grows in dry places, at bordes of the roads, at the rocks and walls. In the central Europe grows nearly always with houseleeks. It makes clusters. It does not grow only in North Europe.

Sedum acre with blows
What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Sedumacre2mw2

Sedum acre with blows
What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Sedumacre1vd5

Sedum acre in Rabštejn nad Střelou
What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre P5080293tc1

Big bunch of Sedum acre at Podhorní hill
What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre 20podhornvrchjaksirozchhu0

Sorry for my bad English.

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : many Posts : 165

http://cactus.rastislav.net

Back to top Go down

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Empty Re: What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre

Post by Chromaphyo Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:09 pm

I like this species. We have also this species in Belgium

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Empty Re: What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre

Post by *Barracuda_50* Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 pm

We have a a sedum that looks very close to this one that grows here, my sister inlaw has LOTS of them growing around her place mainly in the sandy areas of her yard..

Heres pics of a tiny one i dug up and took home from her place few yrs back.. You can see in the first 2 pics the crappy sandy soil it grew in, its in the pot i took it home in.

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Newcactiandotherplants012J

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Newcactiandotherplants013K

And this is how tiny it is and after i potted it up..

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre 007C

I had posted about it over on the cacti forums im on asking what it might be if anyone knew and they came up with Sedum Acre.. Is this correct??
*Barracuda_50*
*Barracuda_50*
Silver Rosette
Silver Rosette

Number of plants : 81 Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by jezour Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 am

I think, that the Sedum on the picture ist Sedum acre. Does it bloom yellow?

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by *Barracuda_50* Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Are the little star thingys the blooms?? If so then yes a yellowish white color.. I dont have this one anymore when we moved it was left behind at the old house as i had planted it next to my pond. I can get more from my sister inlaws place when i get the chance to get over there..
*Barracuda_50*
*Barracuda_50*
Silver Rosette
Silver Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by jezour Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 am

Yes, the little stars are the dry rests of the blooms. But the plant bloomed about one or two months ago. You can see the blooms on the first and on the second picture in this theme.
I think, that the plant is Sedum acre. But the species of Sedum are often very similar, the blooms are very important to identify the species.

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Chromaphyo Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:04 am

In France, this species have many forms

Here in "Gorges d'Ubrieux", near Buis-Les-Baronnies in Drôme, North of Mont Ventoux

It's here !
What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Ubrieux

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Sp3
Sedum acre

Many leaves are grease

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Sp2

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre Sp1

Others Crassulaceae live in this station

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre IMG_4138
Petrosedum sediforme

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre IMG_4136

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre IMG_4133
Sedum album

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre IMG_4132
Sedum dasyphyllum

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by *Barracuda_50* Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:22 pm

WOW Chromaphyo, FANTASTIC shots What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre 118907 in nature/natural habitat there.. Love the Sedum album colors and the
Sedum dasyphyllum diffrent colors are nice to.. What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre 767311

What grow with Czech houseleeks - Sedum acre 504839 for sharring and for the great photos..
*Barracuda_50*
*Barracuda_50*
Silver Rosette
Silver Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by illustrator Thu May 17, 2012 6:34 pm

The localities with Semps which I saw in Slovenia have mostly Sedum album and Sedum sexangulare, but not S. acre. My impression is that S. acre is here more a naturalized plant of buildup areas and roadsides. I have all three also in my collection (acre and sexangulare from some 50-100 m away from my house). S. acre grows much faster than the others and also much more dense. I have this plant around the pots with semps, but pull out the seedlings which germinate in the semp-pots: I fear that they would overgrow the semps otherwise.

In my region S. sexangulare is at nearly any sunny place with bare rocks. Just some few rocks sticking out of a meadow, any almost certainly there is this little plant growing in some clumps of moss and lichens. There is some difference between plants from different localities, but I think that this is because of moisture differences and not because of some genetic differences.
illustrator
illustrator
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 100+ Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down