International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Argentina

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Argentina Empty Hello from Argentina

Post by sonja Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Well, I donīt know if Iīm writting in the correct place. If not, please move my post!
Mi name is Sonia, but I used to be called Sonja in high school, so now I use that name for nicks, signatures and so on ...
I live in Bariloche, in the Patagonia Argentina.
Iīve been collecting succulent plants for over 30 years, since I was a kid. Many of them were raised from seeds I bought outside my Country, because at first it was difficult to find those plants around here.

Here is a little peek into my greenhouse

Hello from Argentina Inver

And some of my beloved Echeveria plants inside the house

Hello from Argentina 10

Well, Iīve always had some Sempervivum plants around. Some inside, some outside. And it was lately I discovered hoy many there are! and they can live outside here (we have lots of snow and cold in winter, the other plants canīt)
So I started looking for some information about how to take care of them, and thatīs why I arrived here.
I donīt know yet how to recognize different species, buy I hope to learn.
Iīm growing two diferent mix of seeds

Hello from Argentina Semper

And I also asked a friend to send me some plants in exchange, here they are:

Hello from Argentina P1050146

And this is one of my five cats, Katia, enjoying the box Very Happy

Hello from Argentina P1050173

Iīm still wondering if they can all live in the ground outside, or in pots. Iīll keep reading to learn about them!

Greetings to all of you,
Sonja
sonja
sonja
Green Rosette
Green Rosette

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonja010/

Back to top Go down

Hello from Argentina Empty Re: Hello from Argentina

Post by I'm the 1 Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello from Argentina Hut0033

Sonja, as I've heard from one of my Sempervivum friends from Argentina (I send her some semps few weeks ago!) you have a real heath vawe sat the time with temperatures close to 40 degrees... I envy you!

Hello from Argentina Pdh-36-1-7 Hello from Argentina Niz-36-1-6 Hello from Argentina Ck2-36-1-6

I must admit I also envy you you succulent collection - so neatly organized! You reall take a good care of it! I started years ago collecting cacti and other succulents but later on become more and more adicted to Sempervivums. Since I do not have agreenhouse I have to take my intire non-hardy succulent collection inside every winter. This is becoming harder and harder as the plants grow ...

I love your last photo of a succulent name Catus domesticus Hello from Argentina Xdv-36-22-, too. I have six of those of my own and with cats ruling my house there is never a single bored minute!

Hello from Argentina Winter-0014 Hello from Argentina Winter-0018 Hello from Argentina Winter-0005

As for the winter - Sempervivums are capable of witstanding down to minus 23 degrees Celsius under snow - at least that is the lowest temperatures mine survived (planted on my parent's grave!). it's not the low temperatures that kill tzhem but the excessive water! Rain in winter is a problem, snow and low temperatures are not.
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Post by jezour Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:01 pm

For example - my houseleeks in summer...
Hello from Argentina 41098150618784958501100

and in winter. There is only 20 cm snow in Pilsen now.
Hello from Argentina Dscn5373

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : many Posts : 165

http://cactus.rastislav.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: