International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banská Bystrica

2 posters

Go down

Banská Bystrica Empty Banská Bystrica

Post by I'm the 1 Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm

There are two known localities S. globiferum subsp. hirtum near Banska Bystrica in Slovakia:

First one is: Gemer Nature reserve, Revuca, Muranski Planina, S of Road 66, from Cervena Skala to Pohorelska Masa, S Zlatno, Havranik (river), 534 m above sea level

Second one is: Gemer Nature reserve, Slovenski Kras, N road 587, W Kecovo, Kecovské srapy, 369 m above sea level

Last edited by Renata on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Banská Bystrica Empty Re: Banská Bystrica

Post by jezour Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I think that is not near Banská Bystrica.

Revúca - the town lies under the mountains of Muránska planina. Muránska planina is the national park in Slovakia. It is limestone area. In the national park there are many localities of Jovibarba hirta var. hirta. There are also some localities of Sempervivum marmoreum subsp. matricum. I think, it is better to describe this locality as N from Muráň. Banská Bystrica is quite far from Revúca (Muráň or Zlatno) - about 70 km.

Kečovo - the village is located not far of the town Rožňava. I call the town "the centre of Slovenský kras." Kečovo is located not far from Magyar border. There are many localities of Jovibarba hirta var. hirta in Slovenský kras. Slovenský kras is the area in the south of the Slovakia. The area is known thank to limestone rocks, slopes, canyons, caves and so on. Slovenský kras is now the national park of Slovakia. Škrap (škrapy - pl.) = the rocky or stony slopes and plateaus in the limestone area.

jezour
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : many Posts : 165

http://cactus.rastislav.net

Back to top Go down