International Sempervivum forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de

4 posters

Go down

Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de Empty Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de

Post by semper-vivum.de Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 pm

hello from Bavarian in Germany
you will find my breedings at http://www.semper-vivum.de/themen/shop/37/
and a PDF document at http://mitglied.lycos.de/nabu/sempervivum_neuheiten_von_erwin_geiger.pdf - but notice only till 15. february - then I will change this document to another server because tripod will close the free accounts
my new introductions of this year are 'Giftzwerg', 'Rosenhügel' and 'Talula' - enjoy my pictures
you will find pictures also in my PDF document from this three new cultivars here http://www.semper-vivum.de/media/upload/1230304369sempervivum_-_neueinfuehrungen_von_2009.pdf

semper-vivum.de
Red Rosette
Red Rosette

Back to top Go down

Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de Empty Re: Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de

Post by Chromaphyo Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Hello Erwin

I have plants of your nursery and I have always happy with your service and the quality of yours plants ! Congratulation !
Beautiful crossings. May you explain your method to make crossing ?

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de Empty Re: Erwin Geiger - Germany - www.semper-vivum.de

Post by semper-vivum.de Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Olivier, I am glad to read your compliments :-)
This year I will pollinate Semps with my hands. All of my cultivars from the years ago bees and bumble-bees have done this work ;-)

semper-vivum.de
Red Rosette
Red Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by Chromaphyo Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:09 am

Hi Erwin

I seek the right way to sow.
When you sow?
What substrate?
I make essay. I sow in january in baggy with artificial light but I don't know if it's the right way !

Chromaphyo
Golden Rosette
Golden Rosette

Number of plants : 450 Posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by semper-vivum.de Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Dear Olivier,
I use the same substrate for potting. Notice they germinate in light, so please don't cover the seeds. Best time in spring.. - but I think you can always sowing. I often read they need frost to germinate, but my seeds never had frost after sowing and they germinated anyway.

semper-vivum.de
Red Rosette
Red Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by megines Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

Is it possible for semps to survive outdoor in winter, under the snow?

megines
Bronze Rosette
Bronze Rosette

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm the 1 Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Erwin, PLEASE give us a complete list of your breedings here, not just link to your page. After all, this is a forum where cultivars of breeders should be listed.

We are trying to be as informative as we can and in this aspect promotion of your garden center is allowed elswhere in the forum, not only in forum Sources of plants in internet and Links to ... .But please post photos and text, not just links.

Thank you for understanding that!
I'm the 1
I'm the 1
Admin

Number of plants : 2.000 Posts : 5336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down